Our building was built in 1957 as a permanent home for Shaare Hatikvah, and it has been ever since. We have a magnificent sanctuary, a versatile social hall, a kitchen, classrooms, and offices.
The Social Hall is especially suited for private affairs, community meetings, seminars, and performances. Please contact the office at (212) 927-2720 for more information and to book.
The social hall, set up as an auxiliary synagogue.
The stage is equipped with special effects lighting, a grand piano, and a backstage area.
The Shul Building
The main entrance.
This corridor provides easy access to the sanctuary, two classrooms, the social hall, the administrative office, the rabbi's study, and the men's and women's rooms.
The Rav Dr. Hanover Classroom. The wall adjoins the social hall and the panels are removable, to accommodate larger performances and events.
Our sanctuary seats 350 men and 300 women.
These stained-glass windows adorn both the northern and southern walls of the sanctuary.
A reminder of the Shul's history – a stone from the former synagogue in Wurzburg, Germany.
This memorial sits at the foot of the staircase leading upstairs to the sanctuary.
The building facade. The black door pictured here is the service entrance leading directly to the kitchen. The main entrance is to the left, under the tree.